Maintaining mobility and dexterity is important to continuing in an active, healthy lifestyle. A variety of conditions and diseases can cause joint and muscle pain or injury. By using diagnostic ultrasound, a non-invasive, non-radiation technique, Rheumatologists at Rockville Internal Medicine Group are able to diagnose and treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions. The ease of use of this tool, as well as other cutting edge resources, allows for ongoing monitoring and re-evaluation when necessary, and that allows for your doctor to make any necessary changes in treatment more easily.
Rockville Internal Medicine Group also offers PRP Therapy, or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, a non-surgical treatment for joint injuries and arthritis that stimulates the body’s natural healing forces. PRP is a concentration of platelets, which can jump-start healing. Click here to learn more.
Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Center
We are a Center dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and comprehensive care of patients with Fibromyalgia and related disorders. Our multi-disciplinary focus utilizes patient education and self-help to enable and empower the patient to better manage and control symptoms. Through these efforts, patients will acquire new skills, make lifestyle changes, and participate directly in therapeutic decision making.
Helpful Web Resources
National Fibromyalgia Association
American Fibromyalgia Syndrome Association
National Fibromyalgia Partnership
Fibromyalgia Coalition International
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
National Fibromyalgia Research Association
Fibromyalgia Care Society of America
Fibromyalgia Community Guide
My Fibro Team Social Network
Solve ME/CFS Initiative (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
National CFIDS Foundation (Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome)
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Infusion Center: Certain diseases require the administration of intravenous medications for an ongoing period of time. In the past, this was usually done at a local hospital, which caused significant inconvenience to the patient. In order to provide a less stressful experience, RIMG has created a relaxed, friendly environment for patients requiring intravenous infusions at our clinical site. The unit provides comfortable recliners and a TV with DVD capabilities. All infusions are monitored directly by a Certified Nurse Practitioner under the supervision of the ordering physician.
- Ultrasound guided joint injections
- Health Record Information Updates
- Rheumatology Questionnaire
- Notice of Privacy Practices (April 2011)
NOTE: The above documents available for download are in .pdf format. Click here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
External Content Disclaimer