Rockville Internal Medicine Group’s team of gastroenterologists provide consultation and continuing care for patients with digestive issues and digestive system disorders.
**“The FDA recently released several safety alerts on ranitidine formulations, including the brand-name drug Zantac,” that were found to contain low levels of carcinogen. Our gastroenterologists recommend, if needed, to take Famotidine (Pepcid) instead of Ranitidine (Zantac). Please note that 20mg of Famotidine (Pepcid) = 150mg of Ranitidine (Zantac).
GI Patient Center. (2019, October 6). Talking to your patients about ranitidine. [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.gastro.org/news/talking-to-your-patients-about-ranitidine?
- Upper Endoscopy
- Unsedated EGD
- H. Pylori Breath Test
- Bacterial Overgrowth Test
- Lactose Intolerance Test
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Procedures Performed at Hospital or Out Patient Centers. EGD and Sigmoidoscopy also performed under local anesthesia in the office.
- Health Information Update
- Gastroenterology Questionnaire
- Notice of Privacy Practices (April 2011)
- EGD Prep Instruction Sheet
- Flex-Sig Prep Instruction Sheet
- Miralax Method Instruction Sheet
- Prepopik Method Instruction Sheet
- Sigmoidoscopy Instructions
- Suprep Method Instructions Sheet
NOTE: The above documents available for download are in .pdf format.