Mandana Hashefi, MD, FACRPhysician - Rheumatologist
“As a Rheumatologist, given the chronicity of most rheumatologic conditions we deal with, I aim to fully inform the patients about their disease process, offer them several treatment options and get them involved in the decision making for management of their conditions. The patient and I will then develop a multidisciplinary approach to his/her care taking into account all aspects of the patient’s physical and emotional well-being.”
University of Missouri Hospitals & Clinics
Internship and Residency
University of Missouri Hospital & Clinics
University of Tehran
Combined Pre-med, Medicine & Internship Program
Critical Care Division
American College of Rheumatology (ACR)
- Hashefi M. Rheumatologic manifestations of malignancy. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2017; 33 (1): 73-86
- Hashefi M, Katz JD. Non-pharmacologic, Complementary, and Alternative Interventions for Managing Chronic Pain in Older Adults. Clinical Geriatrics 2013; 21(3):18-27
- Katz JD, Hashefi M, Hasan M, Reines HD, McIntosh S, Abate L, Halvaksz J, Goldman E. Introducing the testimonial-commentator format to the musculoskeletal curriculum of medical students .Medical Science Educator. 2011; 21(3): 229-235.
- Hashefi, M, Curiel, R. Future and Upcoming non-neoplastic Applications of PET/CT Imaging. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2011;1228:167-74
- Curiel R, Akin EA, Beaulieu G, DePalma L., Hashefi M. PET/CT imaging in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2011; 1228:71-80
- Hashefi, M Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Non-Inflammatory Musculoskeletal Conditions. Seminars in Ultrasound, CT & MR. 2011; 32(2):74-90.
- Hashefi M., McHugh TR, Smith GP, Walker SA: Seropositive rheumatoid arthritis with dermatomyositis sine myositis, angioimmunoblastic lymphadenopathy with dysproteinemia, T-cell lymphoma, and B-cell lymphoma of oropharynx. J Rheumatol. 2000; 27(4) :1087-90.
- Lal SM, Luger AM, Hashefi M., et al: De novo membranous glomerulopathy in a renal transplant patient treated with FK506. The first reported case, Int J Artif Organs. 1997; 20(7) : 379-82.
- Powel WS, Rokach J, Khanapur SP, Hashefi M., et al. Effects of metabolites of leukotriene B4 on human neutrophil migration and cytosolic calcium levels. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1996; 276(2) :728-36.
- Powell WS, Hashefi M, Flack JR, Chauhan K, Rokach J, Wang SS, Mills E, and Macleod RJ: Effects of oxo-dihydro metabolites of 12-hydroxy-5,8,10,14- eicosatetraenoic acid on chemotaxis and cytosolic calcium levels in human neutrophils. J. Leukoc. Biol. 1995; 57:257-263
- Powell WS, Gravel S, Macleod RJ, Mills E, and Hashefi M: Stimulation of human neutrophils by 5-oxo-eicosatetraenoic acid by a mechanism independent of the LTB4 receptor. J. Biol. Chem. 1993; 268(13): 9280-9286
- Powell WS, Gravelle F, Grave S, Hashefi M: Metabolism of 5(S) hydroxyeicosanoids by a specific dehydrogenase in human neutrophils. J. Lipid Mediators 6: 361-368; (1993).
- Ward ME, Vanelli, G, Hashefi M, Hussain SNA: Ventilatory effects of the interaction between phrenic and limb muscles. Respiratory Physiology. 88:63-76; (1992).
- Hashefi M: [Diagnostic Tools & Procedures Applied in Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer]. DOCTORAL THESIS: University of Tehran, School of Medicine. 1985.
- Hashefi M.(2016) Music Effects on Metabolism and Exercise Performance. In Music Therapy in Management of Medical Conditions. M. Hashefi Ed. Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY ISBN: 9781634844925
- Hashefi M. (2016). Impact of Music on neurologic Disorders. In Music Therapy in Management of Medical Conditions. M. Hashefi Ed. Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY ISBN: 9781634844925
- Hashefi M. (2016). Music as a Therapeutic Modality in History. . In Music Therapy in Management of Medical Conditions. M. Hashefi Ed. Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY ISBN: 9781634844925
- Hashefi, M. (2009) Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Non-Inflammatory Musculoskeletal Conditions. In MRI and Ultrasound in the Diagnosis and Management of the Rheumatic Conditions. D. Katz & K. Brindle Eds. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.
Abstracts & Posters
- Renal Failure due to Proteinase-3 Antibody Positive ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis in a patient with Bartonella Endocarditis. Hamza Rahimi, BA and Mandana Hashefi, MD Presented at the March 2016 George Washington University-SMHS Research Day
- An Unusual Hemorrhagic Basal Ganglia Stroke: Bringing genomics to the bedside. Dareen Almanabri, MD, Qing Zhou, Ph.D, Victoria Shanmugam, MD, Mandana Hashefi, MD. Presented at the 2015 District of Columbia Rheumatology Fellows Forum
- Do Novo Membranous Nephropathy in a patient treated with FK-506 immunosuppressive therapy: Mandana Hashefi, M.D., and Sunder M. Lal, M.D. Presented at the 1994 American College of Physicians Missouri Regional Meeting. Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
- Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension, and Microangiopathic Hemolytic Anemia: Mandana Hashefi, M.D., and Paul King, M.D. Presented at the 1993 American College of Physicians Missouri Regional Meeting. Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
Music Therapy in the Management of Medical Conditions
Mandana Hashefi, Ed.
Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY. 2016
LCCN 2015050206(print) LCCN 2015050907 (ebook)
LC recordat: http://Iccn.loc.gov/2015050206
PET/CT Applications in Non-neoplastic Conditions.
Mandana Hashefi, Esma A. Akin, James D. Katz Eds.
The New York Academy of Wiley, Hoboken , NJ. 2011
George Washington University
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Hashefi has been a Physician for 30+ years, fourteen years of which included training of Rheumatology Fellows at George Washington University. Dr. Hashefi has been consistently named as a Washingtonian Top Doctor since 2008.