Dermatology is the medical specialty which deals with conditions of the skin, hair, and nails. Our board certified dermatologists, Dr. Sara Brooks and Dr. Yamini Saripalli are available for general skin checks and treatment of skin conditions. They are fellowship trained in the expert identification and treatment of melanomas and other skin cancers.
Dr. Brooks and Dr. Saripalli treat all medical dermatology conditions, in people of all ages (from infants to senior citizens). Some common dermatologic conditions include (but are not limited to):
- Warts and Molluscum
- Skin Manifestations associated with internal diseases such as Diabetes, Mellitus, and Lupus
- Contact Dermatitis
- Eczema and Dry Skin
- Skin Infections (such as boils and folliculitis)
- Hair Loss
- Nail Disorders including Nail Fungus
- All types of Skin Growths (such as Skin Tags, Cysts, Moles, and Keratoses)
- Skin Cancer (Basal Cell, Squamous Cell, Melanoma)
RIMG offers the following dermatology medical procedures:
- Botox for Increased Sweating in the Armpits
- Liquid Nitrogen (Cryotherapy)
- Removal of Skin Growths
- Biopsy of Atypical Moles
- Photodynamic Therapy (Blue Light) for Pre-Cancerous Lesions and Acne
- Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin
Injected medications used to relax certain muscles of the face, resulting in fewer wrinkles, and a more youthful appearance.
- Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse
Volumizing and wrinkle reducing injectable natural materials which are used to restore the facial contours seen in younger skin. They are mostly used in the cheeks, the angle of the jaw, temples, and lips, as well as areas of deep wrinkling such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. They can also be used for filling depressed scars as well.
- Chemical peels
These are peels, usually consisting of salicylic, glycolic or lactic acid, which is applied directly on the face (or affected areas) for the treatment of conditions such as hyperpigmentation, acne, and skin rejuvenation.
Microneedling is a self-pay procedure that helps to treat fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. It is a resurfacing technique that helps the skin to build new collagen. With very little down time, this is a popular anti-aging procedure.For more information, visit: www.inductiontherapies.com/collagen-pin-micro-needle
NOTE: The above documents available for download are in .pdf format.
For more information about specific skin conditions, a helpful resource is the American Academy of Dermatology, which has a web page dedicated to patient education.