Complex health problems are best addressed through the collaboration of multidisciplinary health professionals. Behavioral health issues, such as depression, anxiety or unhealthy lifestyle choices, often co-occur with medical problems and chronic illness. To provide you with the highest quality of team-based care, RIMG offers short-term, solution focused behavioral health treatment.
Common Behavioral Health Concerns:
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic Disease
- Diversity Issues
- Grief and Bereavement
- Health problems (e.g., weight management, smoking cessation)
- Life Transitions
*We do NOT perform psychological assessments (e.g., ADHD, cognitive testing, learning disabilities, evaluation for Spinal Cord Stimulator trials or bariatric surgery).
Patients are provided with a supportive, in-house environment to learn more effective coping, mood management, and health behaviors.
We provide short-term, structured therapy focused on challenges you are dealing with right now. Episodes of care typically last from 2-8 sessions. Sessions are 45 minutes and usually take place every 2-4 weeks.
For longer-term behavioral health needs, we provide referrals to community behavioral health providers.
What makes RIMG Behavioral Health different from a typical psychotherapy practice?
- We are part of your medical team. This allows for greater coordination of care, as well as more convenience and familiarity for you. Please note that we share an electronic medical record, so your notes and appointments are visible to other Privia providers. We do try to protect your privacy as much as possible by limiting the amount of personal information we put in our notes.
- We use a medical scheduling model, instead of the typical psychotherapy model where you have a designated weekly slot. Our system allows for greater flexibility if your schedule changes, and it allows us to easily adjust the frequency of your appointments as your needs evolve.
Modalities and Interventions:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Health Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relaxation Training
- Social Skills Training
- Solution Focused Therapy
Healthy Lifestyle Workshop
Facilitated by our clinical psychologist, Dr. Michal Moskowitz, this series of interactive workshops teaches you strategies to get unstuck and live more healthfully. Sessions in this series will cover mindful eating, physical activity, sleep, and stress management.
*Time/Date: *Select Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30.
Spring session 1: 3/6, 3/20, 4/3, 4/17
Spring session 2: 5/1, 5/15, 5/29, 6/05
To learn more or to sign up, please call Tierra Matthews at 301.762.5020 x 3040.
NOTE: The above document available for download is in .pdf format.